Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hello there!

I should entitle this "boringness." Haha, look at me using a fake word. You know, I think I'm one of the few that would actually be justified in making up a word though. I know all the rules and patterns of the English language. Don't mess wit me!

Anyway, the point of this blog is tell to all my friends of my exciting adventures. Which is none. So you guys will just have to bear with me. At least I'm writing for you, right? =)

Here's the update: I had the opportunity to interview for two different internships this last month. I didn't get either of them, but I thought it was a really cool experience. The first one was a great job that didn't have enough schooling for yet, I just figured I would try since they weren't getting that many applicants. He did like me, so he told another person about me who looked at my resume and my editing test and actually called ME! I've never had that happen, so I was really excited. It turns out I interviewed really well and I had the right skills, but they went with someone with more experience. That was totally fine with me, because I know it's highly unlikely to get an internship at this point in the editing minor anyway. I felt cool.

Other than that, I do actually have a job with one of my professors. He is working on putting up a corpus of 300 million words of Old English. It's a tool to help linguists study the language, so I'm happy that I have a job helping with that. Plus, I get to choose my hours, I get to work at home, and he's a really cool guy. He's so excited about the work he's doing, so even though it is slightly mindless work, I am really interested in Corpus Linguistics now. Not enough to study it, but it seems cool. It gets me more excited to do the projects in his class.

I have been loving my classes, just for the record. I got a little behind recently with my Genealogy class without even realizing it, so that was a little frustrating, but now I will be paying more attention to those blackboard quizzes. My physical science class is pretty annoying because it's all reading...and the test questions are really frustrating because whoever is making them is not very clear. But oh well. I'll probably get a B in that class...grr. Other than those classes, my major classes are going great! It's fun to discuss things with Tim afterwords too, since he's a Linguistics major which is the exact same thing. He just has to have another language in the studying too. I only have to have a 200 level understanding of another language, which I did my freshman year, so I'm done with that!

So basically, I am getting smarter and smarter by the second! I do get pretty stressed sometimes, but I always find a way to figure it out eventually. You all know that. I love how I always find myself in the most absurd situations. I decided that it's because I really do ask for it. Even though I have a hard time remembering when I'm in the middle of a trial, I do regularly pray that I can learn for others. If I go through the most absurd things, I hope that means no one else will have to. In the long run, I am ok with that. As long as I can remember that, it makes everything that much easier.

No comments: