Friday, February 15, 2008

OH the JOY!

I really want to write about happy things today. I've had too much talk about dating being dumb and the society having problems. Today, I will share with you something I was very happy about. Yesterday was the first time I have received something for Valentine's Day!

Funny story: I was on the phone with my dad explaining to him how I had never gotten flowers. I was just getting off the phone when I heard a knock at the door. I quickly said goodbye when my roommates started yelling my name. I got downstairs to find a plate of banana bread covered with foil with a hand-written poem and a carnation attached. I read the poem, which had a surprisingly interesting rhyme scheme, and I was pleasantly surprised at how cute it was. I looked at the flower and realized I needed to call my dad back to tell him I had almost lied to him. I have finally received a flower on my doorstep. Awwww.

After that, I found out that there was a group going to broom hockey from a nice message that was sent to me on facebook (oh the wonders of that website) and decided to attend. Little did I know that later, while we were there, MA (I use initials instead of full names...hopefully you can figure it out) would smash his face into the ice and cut his forehead open. I hurried along to the first aid with him and two others to make sure he was ok. They cleaned up his face (after we took some fun pictures) and they recommended going to the Emergency Room. We finished up the rest of the hour of broom hockey and headed home. I then decided to keep MA company with one of his roommates to the ER. That was a surprisingly fun experience. C and I joked around a lot while MA was busy with hospital stuff and I got to see some dermabond not work and witness some stitches being put it. Ewwww. After everything was done, we all fell asleep in our various locations in the room until the nurse finally realized she forgot about us. After the one minute of paperwork was done, we went home again.

I got into my apartment to find that something else had been brought to me. This time I had gotten a heart shaped box with chocolates in it and another flower! After not getting anything in the past, this was like a complete overload for me! I could tell from the handwriting that it was a different person than the one who had sent me the gift earlier. Unfortunately both were anonymous. I hadn't realized until yesterday how stressful it could be to get something anonymously! I am the type of person who wants to return favors, but now I can't! I was so sure of who the first person was until the guy I thought had sent it to me told his roommate to not let me think it was him. Obviously it could be him messing with my mind (which is highly probable considering the guy) but now I am second guessing myself. Well, I still think it was him, but I am now confused as to why he would not want me to think it was him. Oh well.

But overall, I had a good day. I thought it would be horrible, but it turned out to be amazing and exciting. I even ended up getting a sale today at work for a website that gets me $25 extra in my next paycheck! Yay!

The conclusion is this: To live a life of endless bliss, just find who you love through true love's kiss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, speaking of heart-shaped boxed chocolates... I watched a report on the news (I figured you've eaten them by now, so it's a good time) about what really goes in them. Well... they bought several different brands and sizes of all various candy chocolate. And then took them to a lab to break down the chocolates and put them through microscopes to see what they would find. And well, here's what they discovered in the chocolates:
Human hair
Insects/insect droppings
and Fur

...Hope you enjoyed your chocolates ;-) :-D