Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bloggity Blog Blog

I'm sick today so I figured I could write a little sumthin sumthin

Well, I'm just waiting around for someone to blog about Iowa, but my waiting has proven pointless! In my despair, I realized that I was doing the same thing! I haven't mentioned it at all! My reasoning is that I have no pictures of the trip because I allowed everyone else to handle that (which resulted in some not-so-flattering pictures of me) so I guess my blog will just be boring and texty. Actually, here's a picture for your enjoyment:

That picture brings back a fun memory of the trip...haha. Just so you can enjoy this as much as me, I'll write an attempt at the words that were spoken in the car:

"So Pizza King's pizza wasn't that bad..."
"But it's the rival!"
(After a few moments) Alan: "Guys....the word SUCKING is in Pizza King"
(Pause to think about it) "How do you think of things like that Alan?"
Alan: "I don't know, but it's true!"

So there you go. We laughed. A lot. It was wonderful. Now I can't hear the title of that place without thinking of the word SUCKING. Adam came up with a good spelling though: Pizzucking. It fits perfectly, don't you think?

But anyway, on to other news. I got my I Heart CB shirt! I've been wanting on for so long...you have no idea! I'm glad I got the color I wanted, I was really hoping it would be there. Of all the colors I saw on everyone, that one was my favorite. And I put "EANAJ" on the back. I'm pretty satisfied with the result.

Oh and back to the pizza thing...we were able to make pizza! It was great, and I now have pizza leftovers...which is pretty much one of the best things ever. I have always loved pizza, and to be able to have one all to myself was like a dream come true! Obviously I shared it when we cooked it later, but it was still cool to know it was my choice to share or not. Also, the actual making of the pizza was pretty great and I'm glad the group was able to do it. Fun fact I learned: braiding pizza crust is really fun, even for a perfectionist.

Now for the reason we made the trip: the Wedding!! Obviously I wasn't able to see the actual temple ceremony, but it was wonderful all the same. It really hit me to see Sara's family so emotional and understanding. I have always worried about how my Dad will feel when he can't see me actually get sealed to my husband. I have had the opportunity to tell him this, and he know it will be that way, but I don't know how much it will really affect him when the day comes. It was nice to know that her parents were actually supportive of the situation, and they actually seemed to feel the impact and importance of the temple. I loved every second.

The ring ceremony was beautiful as well. I think I was the only one who was really affected by it though. That's completely understandable because most everyone else had grown up knowing that the temple is the place to get married. For those of us who didn't, that ceremony is very dear. As a girl, I always pictured my wedding (as all girls do), and of course there was no temple, because I didn't know any better. I had these pictures of outside weddings, church weddings, etc. but they were always the traditional walking down the aisle "til death do you part" weddings. I love that I can now have an even better vision of marriage and companionship. The temple has created such an amazing new perspective for me. At the same time though, I have a hard time letting go of my dreams as a kid. So we'll see how that goes. Hopefully it will go as smoothly as Sara's, and I hope I will be able to make it special for my member friends too.

After the ceremony, there was a very fun reception. It had a sit-down dinner, Alan laughing so hard he cried, strawberry aliens, and the best part: dancing! We missed a little bit of it because we went to the store and decorated the car, but the bit we were there for was a blast! They had a lot of really fun music that everyone could get into! They played one slow song, which was really fun, but I'm glad they only did one, because that can get awkward and annoying if there are too many. Overall, it was really a great reception! Good job Sara!

Alrighty, I suppose that's all I can think of to talk about. I would say more things, but without the pictures, it's pointless to even mention. I'll leave that stuff up to the rest of the group! Don't let me down guys!

No comments: