Wednesday, March 19, 2008

News!!!

I am definitely in a better mood. Still stressed, but better! I have come to the conclusion that I can deal with everything as long as I keep a positive attitude and remember the things I wrote down as my blessings. Plus, I seriously get more and more blessings every single day! I just have to keep my eyes open for them!

So just for an update, on Monday night I stayed up ALL NIGHT and I almost died. Don't ever do that. Especially if you're alone. I think I fell asleep a couple times (sshhh). I was supposed to do that for my EEG on Tuesday morning. So the morning rolls around (finally) and Jordan comes to bring me to my appointment (what a great home teacher!). We go to the hospital only to find the directions don't really make sense and we try to find the number for the place. I used the handy google texting to get the main number and finally, after some grumpy moments, we found the entrance. The test went well...I was able to sleep during it, but unfortunately it was only for about 15 minutes and I was mad that I had only that to make up for a whole night! The lady was nice though and I wasn't in a bad mood...so that was good.

The test got over at about 8:30 and the girl was nice enough to clean most of the goopy stuff out of my hair. After some deliberating, we found out my other appointment to get my heart monitor was not in the same building, but across the street. Bad planning from my neurologist. The funny thing is, I found out I'm pretty nice when I'm deliriously tired. But anyway, I got over to the other building after crossing the street in my interesting outfit (man-pants and a heavy coat...HOT). A nice old lady called me in and brought me to a room where she put on the monitor. She was SO cute. She told me I had to write stuff down throughout the day and to take it off the next morning around 9:30. Oh joy.

When I finally got out of the appointment around 9:35, I called up Jordan to see if he could pick me up even though it was so close to his class, but he said he really needed to go and to see if anyone else could do it. Of course I could find someone else, right? Well, I called a few more people only to get no answer or they were busy. Understandable, but what to do? I finally got a hold of Miguel, who doesn't have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays and he said he could come. In fact, he said "of course." Aww. I found out later that he had just woken up, which makes that even nicer. Anyway, I got out of there around 10:30...I was so relived t be home! Miguel stayed for a little bit and borrowed a couple of movies before going, and then I got ready to catch up on my sleep! I knew it wouldn't be that good because of the annoying THING attached to my chest, but I would have to make due.

After a few hours of sleep, I ate something and lazily watched some shows and talked with roommates and such. The rest of the day is kinda blurry in my memory, probably because I was so out of it...but around 9ish, I tried to get a hold of Emily to go to Del Taco, but to no avail. I was sad...until she said to me on google talk that she lost her phone. Then we were losers together and that made us both feel better. I then got a really nice text from Miguel that made me feel happy. Gabby went to WalMart with Nick and she got me "Enchanted" and I was SO excited! Then Miguel called me and we talked. It was really a good night. I ended up going to bed around 1am and I didn't really sleep that well so I told my boss I couldn't make it again. I am so groggy, but I'm happy too. Who would have thought?

ANYWAY, the reason I wanted to write this blog is because I might have figured out what I have. Sorry, I get so sidetracked. In my appointments, I was reminded that syncope (pronounced sink-oh-pee...haha) is another word for fainting, so I looked up "seizure-like syncope" on google and found something! It didn't explain the seizure-like symptoms I have, but it does sound right. What I found is called "Neurocardiogenic Syncope." If you're curious, type it in to google and have a grand time! It made sense, and I am relieved to find that it isn't serious.

Well, I think this blog is PLENTY long enough for anyone, so if you want to know anything else, just tell me and I'll write another one! I hope everyone is having a great day!

1 comment:

Russtafarian said...

Oh mein amiga, I remember my happy days with the EEG...dude, the lady who worked on me was a jerk...but I'm glad you had a good time :)