Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna...

I felt that I should blog. The only thing I could think of that was exciting enough for everyone to even have slight interest in (well, that I'm willing to post on my blog...) was going to the Festival of Colors! It was so fun! I have always loved other cultures and learning about religions and food and dances and music (hence my Anthropology minor) so this was like a party for me!

I have to admit, the throwing of colors was the highlight and the reason I went, but I was surprised at how amazing the other parts of the Festival were. The dancers were so talented...and the style was so different, I just couldn't stop watching them. The music was usually interesting, but the repetitiveness of it could get a little tiring. Overall, the cultural aspect was highly enlightening and I cannot wait to go again!

As for the throwing of the colors, I think I could have had a better time with that. This conclusion came from a couple different points: 1. We didn't know the 2 dollar bags were WAY BETTER in so many ways, so I would have preferred to get those...and 2. I got SO much chalk in my eyes!! Gabby and I threw the chalk at each other and naturally we both had our eyes open when that happened. We're pretty intelligent right? Well, she had a bright orange color, so it looked like my eyes were bleeding after that. I got scared for a second when I wiped away a tear, but all is well. It wasn't blood. Just dark orange wet chalk tears. Other than those things, I definitely do not regret the chalk throwing action. I loved how it made everyone's eye color stand out. I gotta say that was my favorite. But I love the symbolism that I got out of it too. Way cool.

Here are a couple fun pictures to show how Gabby and I really got each other (I had purple):

And here's where you can tell how much my eyes were watering...I didn't have any tears left:





No comments: