Monday, March 3, 2008

Fill in for everyone

Since I know how curious I get about everything, I thought I would tell everyone what happened yesterday. I suppose I'm also writing this because I am kind of scared.

Sunday morning I was getting ready for church. Sarah was curling my hair due to the fact that I am completely incapable of doing it myself. It was going well when all of a sudden I got very dizzy. I sat down on the floor to see if it would go away. It didn't, so I bent over so my head was lower than the rest of my body. Still didn't work, so I laid down on the floor. The next thing I knew, I was waking up to Sarah screaming my name in a slight panic.

Whitney witnessed the whole thing. Apparently I fell onto my side and started shaking. I shook for about 15 seconds and then stayed passed out for about one minute. Whitney called the paramedics and I just laid there in shock at what had just happened. I didn't know why it had happened. I couldn't think of any reason why it should. I got worried about everything that could have caused it and all of the things that would happen now. Luckily Christina was there to comfort me while everyone else was handling other stuff.

The paramedics came and checked the important vitals and made sure I was ok, then said we were going to the hospital. I made sure to change first and we headed down the stairs. I saw all of my roommates and my home teacher downstairs as we left and I got my stuff. We went to the ambulance outside and I got to ride in one for the first time. We got in, they strapped me down and told me they were putting in an IV. Another first. When the guy put it in, I felt a really warm feeling on my arm. I looked over and realized it was my blood...apparently the needle didn't "seal." I shuddered and looked away and his response to this was "don't like blood?" Um...no...not when it's MINE.

But anyway, we got the IV in, which wasn't even that bad compared to giving blood. But then I just laid in the bed thing and rode along while the guy called the hospital and got everything ready. We got to the hospital, I was wheeled in and moved to room #3. Two rooms away from where we were before. Most of the visit was waiting in the room, but the other parts consisted of paperwork and tests. All of which said I was completely normal. Even my blood sugar was fine.

I got confused by this because I have actually had seizures in the past. The first one was when I was 11, but they started happening regularly about when I was 13. The last one happened when I was 16. Five years ago! During these years, I was under A LOT of stress, very malnourished, and had been getting very little sleep. No comparison to my circumstances now. I have been stressed but really not that much, I have been eating healthy, and I have been getting plenty of sleep. I even started exercising!

Then why did this happen, you may ask? Well so far nobody knows. This morning I had a very stressful time getting an appointment with a neurologist so they might be able to figure it out. The doctor strongly recommended it to make sure there isn't something seriously wrong. It's weird because I'm my feelings are little conflicting on this issue. On one point, I love hearing that I'm all right. It's usually comforting to hear a doctor say "you're completely fine." The problem it that I'm not fine. So if I hear that, I will be more uncomfortable. Ever since I had the seizures years ago, I was always afraid there was something else, but I was comforted by the fact that there were such extreme circumstances and I could assume that was the cause. But now I'm searching for another reason. I mean, obviously I don't want it to be anything horrible, but I do want them to actually be able to find something. Something that can be found and is able to be fixed. Well, I'll keep you guys posted on the test results.

But on a lighter note, last night I lost my mind! I did something crazy and I don't know why! Yay for the excitements of life!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I really liked the part when you were like, "Um...no...not when its MINE."
Heh...that's funny. It made me smile real big.